Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Sense of Time Is Slipping

As March begins here in east Tennessee, we have already seen spring-like temperatures, there are budding plants in my front yard, and the grass could use a mowing. I am grading essays and realize that the semester has already reached its midpoint. I have been writing regularly, submitting regularly, and attending more meetings than I can remember. I am not certain how so much gets accomplished, and I can always think of more to do. I find myself in this situation every semester, and work offers only a version of what I see at home.

There are times when all I can do is look at my kids and try to see where they went. Firstkid is off at college, and he stands assured and happy in that part of his life. Middlekid is taller than his mom, and those baby cheeks from only last year are gone. Thirdkid has started losing that awkwardness of being too tall too fast, and I am pleased to see how comfortable she has become with herself, hoping she can keep that confidence as the added pressure of middle school starts.

I'm just checking in now. I got an idea for some writing that I need to pursue, and I have some personal editing to do--not only in my writing but in the way I will face the end of the semester. My window is open today.

No comments:

Post a Comment